Monday, July 15, 2013

Cortland Line Pro-Staff: Greg Myerson

While we were attending the 2013 ICAST/IFTD show in Las Vegas, Cortland Line Pro-Staffer, Greg Myerson, was busy putting our 50lb Masterbraid to the test with a 73.54-lb striped bass. on July 11, Greg and his cousin won the boat division of the weekly Striper Cup Tournament on the Long Island Sound. Greg's monster striper came just 8-pounds shy of breaking the striped bass world record he set back in 2011 of 81.88-lb. Here's Greg's version of how it all went down:


“I was out with my cousin Mike Emmerich testing some soon-to-be patented bucktails with rattles and stinger hooks that Fish Call Co. is coming out with, a new company owned by myself and Guidessecret Tackleowner Capt. Frank Crescitelli. My cousin talked me into fishing on his boat, which I never do because I feel naked without my instruments and spots to refer to. We were three waying 1 1/4 ounce rattle bucktails with rattling sinkers. Mike hooked a good fish and was fighting it, so I went to reel up and get the net when I got slammed by this monster bass. The fish ran almost 200 yards and was spooling me. My stomach turned when I felt the knot that held my new Cortland 50lb camo braid to the backing slide under my thumb and ting on every eyelet on my Lamiglas rod that I just designed for them. Mike got his fish in alone and then said what do you want me to do for you? I yelled to the 2 boats next to us to tell them my fish was under their boats so they reeled up.  We started the boat and ran down the fish. Great night!”

                                               Greg Myerson: The All Tackle World Record Striped Bass 81.88-lb.

Check out Greg's website http://www.worldrecordstriper.com/

Cortland Line is proud to have Greg Myerson as a member of the Pro-Staff and would like to congratulate him on this great accomplishment

No comments:

Post a Comment